1/7/12

Day SEVEN.

Okay, so its been one week on this journey.

The biggest thing for me is the amount of energy i have. 
'Last year' i would have eaten a pound of bacon and a few bagels before noon and then slept through the afternoon while the kids napped. Now i try to see how much i can accomplish while they're napping. 

OH and lets talk about how different the grocery store is here. 
This may sound silly to a few of you, but remember i'm a country girl and if its not food lion or walmart, chances are i've never heard of it. 
Well there is no Food Lion or Kroger here.
Just Publix. Actually the one next to my house is a Publix Greenwise.
Practically everything is organic and there are fruits and vegetables that i've never in my life heard of.
Maybe i'll get around to trying some eventually. ha.
But MY OH MY how my grocery list has changed..


Today was 4 egg whites and a yogurt cup. 230 calories

Lunch was a Progresso Light can of vegetable soup 
and a pile of raw celery and carrots. 190 calories

THEN we were at a cookout for the guys being deployed tomorrow 
so i ate 1 roasted chicken breast AND THREW AWAY THE SKIN.
With a little green bean salad. 
And yes.. i know the skin is the best part..
(applause for the discipline)
Not sure of the calories there... so, no total again.

I'm just excited because now i know it CAN be done. I don't think i've ever purposefully lost weight. I've actually never stuck to a diet. 
My old state of mind was like, hell.. i've already got a hottie for a husband, so i don't care what people think, i might as well enjoy all the crap food i want. 
But now i have kids.
I want to be able to do things with my kids that my mother couldn't do with me. I want to break the cycle. I want my daughter to grow up knowing how important it is to eat healthy and exercise. I don't want her to feel as rejected as i felt as a young girl. 

AHHH, the teenage years. So glad that's over.

Love, 
Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment